Attention all boat owners:
The winds have been very high, 20-25 with gusts up to 40 mph. Please come out and check on your boat to be sure the lines are holding. It is your responsibility to insure your boat is secured.
Winter is not gone and there is a chance of cold weather coming our way over the next couple of months.
* You must winterize your boat soon. This process is different, depending on the boat type and conditions. Basically, it means eliminating or controlling any water in the boat/engine.
Depending on your boat, this likely includes:
- Draining water from engines.
- Closing all through-hull connections.
- Removing water from other parts of the boat.
- Stabilizing the fuel.
- Preparing the engine for months of non-use.
* Remember you MUST NOT depend solely on dock-based electrical power for heaters/warmers. Every year the club experiences outages and these sometimes last more than a day.